Sunday 13 May 2012

Journey to life day 10 – Beautifully blinded


Only looking at the beautiful and blinded by it

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to see this world as a beautiful place

 I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to only look at the good and the beautiful 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not want to look at the reality of the situation

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to only want to look at that which makes me feel good – and to then discard that which doesn’t make me feel good

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to let a feeling decide what I should look at and not look at

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define myself by the beauty I see

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be blinded by the beauty – not seeing the suffering 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to deliberately only look at the beauty so that I can claim ignorance to the suffering 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to block out all the suffering so that I can keep on feeling good

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself not to want to confirm the suffering – because I don’t want to change myself to put an end to it

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that if I only look at good and beauty then the bad doesn’t exist

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that if I ignore the suffering it will go away

I commit myself to not look away from the suffering – but to change myself so that I can be in a position where my actions and words will put an end to it

I commit myself to stop the believe that the world is a beautiful place and to see it for what it is – a shot hole

I commit myself to stop allowing a feeling to direct me to only want to look at the good and beautiful.

I commit myself to stop denying that the world is ok – but to see  the reality that it is in dire straits
I commit myself to see that I can make a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment