Sunday 15 May 2011

The Saviour complex

Since I was a child I wanted to be a hero. That was because of the TV shows I watched with friends like ‘’Power Rangers’’ and other comics. They made it look so cool, and since then I thought it would be cool to save somebody.

I used to fantasise imaginary events where there is someone in trouble, usually a girl I liked, and I come to the rescue and is then admired by the girl – your typical Hero situation exploited everywhere.

When I was in high school I enjoyed listening to my friend’s issues and problems they had and help anyway I could – It made me feel good and needed. I still imagined scenarios few times daily where I save somebody – it was one of my favourite pass times.

When it was time for me to choose a new member to the farm, a dog, I went searching. And when I saw the picture of timeless something inside me clicked in place and we got her. Only after we got Timeless did we see that she had the problem with her leg.

(Timeless ‘s Story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtKqSQ8QQVE&feature=watch_response).She needed saving.

We make decisions based on who we are at the moment of the choice. And at that time I still had the desire to save somebody in some way. My Structural resonance of that time and my desire to save were some of the factors involved in the decision to get her.

It shows that who we are dictates our lives. I am not saying that we should not assist people, but to look at the starting point. For me that was to feel good, to feel appreciated and needed and loved. I wanted that because I didn’t appreciate myself, didn’t value myself. With my participation of the Desteni I Process I have realized that I don’t need others to validate me, that I can give myself that which I seek from others.

Then my starting point to assist people isn’t to get some kind of reward, but to genuinely assist someone, because that is what I would have liked for myself. I see the value of assistance and where it got me and without it I wouldn’t have been where I am now. Without some assistance to sort out our bullshit we would all be stuck living the same abusive patterns. The tools of Desteni I Process and the support from all the participants are of great assistance to sort out myself. It is what you get with a group of people dedicated to sort out this world starting with self.

Join Desteni I Process.

No comments:

Post a Comment