Saturday 8 November 2014

Day 251: "I Wish I Could just get Away from it all"


images I’m sure many are feeling this or have felt like this in some point in their lives. There comes moments where you look at your life or the world and inside yourself scream for somebody or something to get you out of here – to take you away from your current situation to somewhere better. Where you hope and wish you could spread wings and just fly away – far away to a place where the grass is greener.
Today I found myself wishing for this when I was going through the latest news – a moment where I had thought to myself how great it would be to be able to get away from it all, to some paradise planet where all these terrible things do not exist. And at the same time I kind of chuckled, because even if it was possible for me to “get away from it all”, the terrible things will still exist. So even if am “away” from it I does not mean the bad things stop. I think the saying goes: “Out of sight, Out of Mind”.
After that I laughed, because it occurred to me that this is actually what we all are doing currently in the world. We only focus on our own lives, our own families, our own immediate environment and only deal with things that affect us directly – that in itself is a form of escapism, because we distance ourselves from all the bad things in this world. We shove it as far away as possible from our minds so that we do not have to worry about it: Children captured and trained to be soldiers? At least that is not happening here…
isdfndex  We all live in our own safety bubbles. Unfortunately not everybody has a bubble that is safe. I am now 27 years old and have not yet seen any improvement with the state of world, despite the fact that Christianity is the top religion in the world. And I'm tired of waiting for it. time to break free from that bubble. The main problem is the bubble – we will only act if it affects us directly. Once we all realize that the earth is actually one big bubble and we are all in it – then we will see great change. Let’s make sure that solution comes sooner rather than later.


No comments:

Post a Comment