Sunday 17 June 2012

Journey to life day 28 – I am right and you are wrong!


Ever got into an argument where no matter how much common sense is thrown at you you simply wont listen? Where all common sense goes out the window and you simply don’t make any sense? Or you are in an argument and you will do everything to prove that you are right and be utterly stubborn? Ego is a funny and dangerous thing.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to be right when I am arguing with someone.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to do everything in my power to make sure I win and that I am right and the other person is wrong

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not listen and be utterly stubborn and only see one way which is my way so that I can be right.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to see myself as superior to the person I am arguing with and try to bring them down so that they are inferior.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to defend myself against becoming inferior by becoming nasty

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not want to be wrong because that would hurt my ego and reputation, and that must be defended at all cost and is more important than anything else

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that the only reason I want to be right is because of ego and me wanting to be superior

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that my ego is not the most important thing in life – and I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to  be humility – humble – to see that it doesn’t matter who is right and who is wrong.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that just to prove that I am right to boost my ego is far less important than building a relationship with another – and that proving that I am right benefits nothing but my ego which is essentially useless.

I commit myself to end the need to want to be right

I commit myself to stop my ego and to see the ego as the most important thing in life which I must defend and boost at all cost

I commit myself to be humble instead of nasty and egotistical - because life is more important than the need for me  to be right

I commit myself to not bring others down with words just so that I can be superior and more effectively prove I am right

I commit myself to stop the fear of being inferior to others – realizing that its an idea and believe I made up that someone can be more or less than others is only a perception.

I commit myself to not be stubborn and see things only my way, but to consider others and input of others and use common sense

I commit myself to stop the energy that comes with heated arguments where all common sense and humility goes out the window where the mind takes over – to stop this be here and make sure I don’t speak from anger but that I am self directed.



No comments:

Post a Comment