Saturday 5 July 2014

Why you should NEVER Believe In Yourself...

 

 

Today I am going to write about the following principle:

index Living the principle of self trust – as I commit myself to remain constant in my living of self honesty, self responsibility and self awareness, I stand as an unbending trust that I always in all ways know who I am no matter what I face and that in this I know, as proven in the constancy of my living that I will always honor and stand by what is best for all and so best for me.

Specifically Starting with: What is self-trust?

Has anyone ever told you to Believe in yourself? It is something I heard many times in my life. Through school they use this as self-motivating or to inspire people. “ Just Believe in yourself and you can achieve anything!!”. Today I am telling you stop listening to these people – I am telling you to NEVER believe in yourself. Here is why:

Let’s look at the definition of the word believe:

1.

accept that (something) is true, especially without proof.

The key words here: “especially without proof”. So to believe in yourself or to believe that you are able to something is a limited and ineffective method, because you do not actually know of you are able to do this particular task since there is no proof.

Let’s look at the definition of self-trust:

1.

Reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of (yourself).

Even simply reading that you see for yourself which is the most effective statement. So this is why you should never believe in yourself – instead you should trust yourself.

Self-trust is something that you build within yourself. Like when facing a new task that you have never done before you may be faced with doubt whether or not you are able to. The only way to find out is to actually do the task to the best of your ability. Once you have done the task you can now say that you are in fact able to this task and thus you have built on your self-trust. So next time you face this task you know for a fact you can do it, because you already did it. Another step further is that you can trust yourself when facing something new that you will give it your best.

So next time when someone tells you to just believe in yourself tell them: NO – I trust myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment