Tuesday 19 March 2013

Day 148 Facing Something New

 

Facing something new - anything that I have not yet done and don't know how to do that brings in an experience of fear.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to see new challenges and new points that bring uncertainty as being bad and something to fear.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to when facing uncertainty to go into fear that I would not know what to do and fail220px-Blank_Fork

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that I would screw up in this task, because I have not done it before and thus don’t know if I am able to do it

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize that there is no way that I will know if I will fail with something unless I have given it my all

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge myself as not good enough when facing a new point

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize that I have faced new points in the past where I was uncertain and regardless of that I pushed through and moved past it and learned that it was not so bad and learned new things

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize that if I see myself as not good enough for this new task at hand and fear that I would fail – I set myself up to fail – where I would create a pattern and face this new task with the starting point of ‘’I am going to fail’’ and then create that failure, instead of facing the task head on and giving it my best

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to give myself a chance when facing a new task – to embrace this new challenge and see it as an opportunity to learn something new about myself and this particular task.

I commit myself to stop seeing new challenges and new points as bad and something to fear, instead I see it as an opportunity to expand myself and learn something new about myself

I commit myself  stop going into fear of failure when facing a new task, instead I breathe and realize that I have faced many new points and uncertainty and regardless of it I pushed through and did it as saw it was not as bad as I made it out to be

I commit myself to stop the belief and idea that if I do not know how to do something it means I cannot and judge myself as not good enough for it. Instead I realize that I did not know how to do many things I do now – and I know now, because I taught myself how and learnt from others and it is like this with many points. Thus when faced with new points I simply do not know how to do it…..yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment